I wanted to start this blog as a way of keeping up with my day to day life. I wanted to be able to document the things in my life as they happen and have them for future use to put on my scrapbook pages. I wanted to be able to write about my family, my page layouts, my running, my adventures in overcoming my bucket list and anything else that came to my mind or happened that day.
Who am I? There are lots of answers to that question. I am a wife and mother. My family means the world to me. My DH and I have been married 13 years and believe me we have had our ups and downs but we made it to "unlucky" 13 so if we can live through this year we're good right?? I have two boys, ages 12 and 15. My 12 year old is my baby. No matter how big he is he will always be my baby. He is also my hyperactive child! My 15 year old just got his learners permit. Took him 3 tries but you know what they say, "third times a charm". Its harder than what you think. I remember taking mine and if I had missed one more I would have failed too! We went driving today and he done alot better than I thought he would. He did a very good job of staying in his lane. We just gotta work on turning. Then I also have a 16 year old step-daughter who lives with her mom. She has a very creative mind and is very good at coming up with "her own style" of clothing. She is definitely a very creative person! Sometimes I wonder what decade she is stuck in though, lol.
I am a sister, and a daughter. I thank my mom and my brother and sisters for everything they have done for me through the years because we all know I was a handful and then some!! They never turned their back on me and I love them for that! I am also thankful to my wonderful dad, who I hope is looking down on me from heaven and knows how much he meant to me even if I didn't always show it. Teenage years are rough!
I am a friend. I hope a good friend. I hope I am a friend that you can count on. I want to be a good listener when you feel like life has gotten the best of you because it happens to all of us and we all need someone sometimes! Even if I don't know the answer or what to do at least I can listen. Hey, I never claimed to be the smartest book on the shelf, lol.
I am a faux painter and a scrapbooker. I make my money painting. We do the decorative painting. We paint just about everything that can be painted, lol. We have painted ceilings and floors, walls and cabinets, furniture of just about any kind, and even a sidewalk! I do have to say that sidewalk is one of my favorite of all time. There was a small porch that was made of brick and they wanted their sidewalk, which was concrete, to match their porch. We did it and it was alot of fun! We drove by the other day and you cant tell the difference. I wish we had gotten pictures of that but it was about 4 years ago and we didnt think about taking a picture. I know taking pictures is what scrapbookers do but lately I tend to just label myself a scrapbooker. I dont really do it, lol. I have gotten stuck in a rut and sadly I cant seem to pull myself up out of it.
I am a runner. At least I aspire to be a runner. Its part of my bucket list. Yep, a bucket list, just like in the movie. It is the first of many things I must tackle. I am trying to follow the couch to 5k training plan and hope to run my first 5k by the end of September. I have had a few set backs. First I was having problems doing what you would think would be the simplest thing of all, breathing. I know your laughing. Stop that! Its alot harder than you think. I know you come into this world breathing and you would think that it would be a natural thing. Not so much! I finally overcame that to some extent and then started having knee problems. It was like life was working against me! Im not that old am I?? So I took a week off, went to an orthopedic and gave him money to pretty much have him tell me he had no idea! Gee thanks, lol! So a few days later I returned to running. They (my knees) were doing okay and I was super happy! The next week I went for a massage. Courtesy of a gift certificate I had gotten from my boss(Thanks Rhonda!) for Christmas. By the way, my massage therapist is THE best! Her name is Diana Mayfield and if your ever in Cleveland you should definitely look her up! She'll make you feel like a new person! Anyways, She immediately knew about my knee issue and what I should do for it. I told you she was good! It apparently has to do with my bad circulation and she told me to go get some women's multi-vitamins from GNC and some extra vitmain E pills. So that is what I will be doing this week. she gave me the explanation for it but I wont type all that here. This is getting very long as it is! And to think, I thought I wasnt going to be able to think of anything to say, lol. Anyways, I am back to my training and going to take the vitamins to keep it from reoccuring. Hopefully no more set backs. I hope you guys will cross your fingers for me because I really want to do this 5k in September!
If you've stuck with me through this whole post I am really impressed because it turned out longer than I had imagined and you must be really impressed as well or you would have returned to your regular web browsing by now. Thanks for sticking with me! I hope you will return as I continue on this journey to take on life and overcome all that it throws at me. After all, thats all we can do right?
Tuesday, June 29, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I stuck to it and enjoyed every bit. I admire you runners. Sure not my thing. Good job on your blog. Keep it up!
ReplyDeleteThank you so much Becky!! :)
ReplyDeleteGreat post! I love that you write how you talk, I can almost HEAR you saying it! So glad you got help with the knee, I'm sure you'll make the 5K. I won't be much farther behind you, I hope!!
ReplyDeleteLooking forward to more posts :)
Thanks Jenn! I was pretty nervous writing my first post.
ReplyDelete